|Qustodio Parental Control|
With the ever-changing and growing technological development, Qustodio Parental Control has been successful in creating a remarkable name in the parental control industry. The app offers a compelling package of parental controls which cater to both phone apps and web browsing activities. Similar to many apps in the market, the offerings are designed on a Freemium model but with the exceptional user experience. Beginning with the Dashboard, which covers all the essential reports to the provisioning of sample kid for exploring the capabilities, this app is playing in the frontlines. Without a doubt, Qustodio is counted amongst the best parental control app in the market.
INTRODUCTION (Qustodio Parental Control)
Parental controls are the need of the hour, especially seeing the digital activities kids undertake on their smartphones. Parents not only worried about the applications accessed by kids but the online activities in the web browser. Very few apps have been able to cater to both aspects of digital parenting but Qustodio.
Qustodio parental control has been in the market for several years and offered excellent parental controls. In spite of the high prices quoted by the app, the app has been a big success in the parental control market. The app offers all the core parental controls along with Facebook monitoring and online website blocking. Both aspects are very engaging and effective.
What is Qustodio Parental Control?
Qustodio Parental Control is a state-of-the-art parental control app which caters to both Android, iOS, Mac and Windows users. The app also works well on Amazon devices.
A big plus about the Qustodio Parental Control is the flexibility it provides parents to control setting through an app or web portal.
The app follows the conventional freemium model. Pricing is straightforward and based upon the number of devices parent wants to monitor. Single device and a couple of features are free of cost.
The premium features are free for three days and worth purchasing after the expiry of the trial period. The premium features are available for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac and Fire devices. We do have our concerns about the price, but the functionalities are compelling and competitive.
Our analysis says the premium capabilities are top-notch in the industry. The features may seem a bit complex in the beginning, but gradually once you get used to them, the functionalities start making your life easier.
How does the Qustodio Parental Control App work?
During the parental control app review, we found Qustodio’s set up process comprehensive. There wasn’t much to do for the parent or child. The entire process was smooth and required minimal assistance.
Here is a quick tour of the installation process:
- Install the app from store applicable for your device.
- Sign in on the Qustodio parental control app by either selecting a new Qustodio user or click on “I have a parent account” to log in.
- Accept the terms and conditions and get directed to the sign-up page.
- Chose whose device is it- parent or child?
- Add a child in your device by entering the name, year of birth and gender.
- Now, Download the app on your kids’ device from the source appropriate to your child’s device.
The setup instructions are straight forward and easy to understand. The app can be accessed even through the web portal. The set-up time is clearly lesser than other players in the market, and it is noteworthy.
Another point that crossed our eye was the excellent navigation tour in the beginning. Each help screen was instructive and easy to understand.
Features of Qustodio Parental Control app
The dashboard gives a cumulative idea of all the implemented rules on the kid. The dashboard displays the category of website and app your child logs into. Parents get to select a time period to see kids’ activities- check the details for last 7, 15 or 30 days as per your child’s requirement.
- Daily Time limits
The time limit scheduling is not exciting to use although works well when you get the hang of the buttons. Set time limits for all seven days in the week and if required use a block button to lock the device for an entire day.
- Time Schedule
Set time restrictions day wise and hour wise and prevent device use by using highlighted restricted hours by red. At first glance, the feature seems a bit complicated and takes a few seconds to figure out the functionality. Gradually you will start appreciating the functionality.
- Web Filtering
Web filtering is set category wise, and the app prepares a default list for your convenience. Parents can further go ahead and edit the filters if required. The criteria for each category are – allow, alert me and block. In the website exception category page, there is another option to ignore certain websites when accessed.
Further, there are few more arrangements for your kids’ web settings if you click on the settings icon.
– Block all websites that cannot be categorized
– Enforce safe search on kids’ phone to eliminate harmful content.
– Receive an email alert when a blocked site is visited
- Email Reporting
The app has a provision for emailing kids to report on a daily basis as well as a weekly email summary. Get it enabled on the settings page.
Premium Features of Qustodio parental control app
- Games & Apps
This feature serves a dual purpose of time management and app management. A parent can either block the app or set a time limit for the app.
- Calls & SMS
Call rules are easy to understand as they block or allow incoming or outgoing calls except for the contacts you add for your kids’ emergency purpose or day to day use. As far as SMS is concerned, parents can enable the SMS content if they wish to, although they cannot block SMS messages. The app does not say much about SMS contact blocking.
- Location tracking
Tracking your kids on the Qustodio parental control app is very user-friendly. Based on the type of device decide the frequency how often do you want to track your kid. For iOS users, the good news is that your kid is by default monitored and notified in every 5 minutes.
- Facebook monitoring
Apart from the Facebook chats (fair enough!), this feature more or less provides all other details like contacts interacting with, status updates, pictures and videos kids are sharing on their timeline.
- Panic Button
The panic button on the kid’s side is active and grabs a parent’s attention by sending alerts on the trusted contact added by the parent. The parent can invite more contacts.
Areas for Enhancement
Although we will recommend the app for its brilliant features yet we have some quick recommendations here for enhancing the app:
- Pricing is one factor that can certainly be revised by the app management team.
- The permission button is a bit misleading as far as the setting rules option is concerned. It may take the user longer than usual to find out how to set rules. Place the “Set rules” button at a distinct location, clearly visible to the user.
- Most players in the market provide a default setting for the added child, based on the age and necessary details. The parent can make changes if required. Qustodio parental control is an established name and may need to add this primary feature quickly.
- Time limit feature does not allow setting a standard setting for all days in a week. Especially, school days will have the same routine, and Qustodio parental control could have done a better job by adding this feature for ease of use.
- The time schedule feature is a bit complicated. It takes a while for the user to comprehend the technique. Users may bounce back to the home page if they find the feature hard to operate.
Why we loved the Qustodio parental control app?
Qustodio parental control app already holds the name of the best parental control app in the market. It has a proven record and is bound to go a long way. Still, we wanted to share the highlights of the app:
- The uninstallation capability is powerful and does not give any leeway to kids.
- Sample kid helps you understand and explore the app without the requirement of an actual site.
- A dashboard is designed very well, with all essential information on a single page.
- There are three options once screen time is over- sending an alert or lock navigation and lock device.
- Qustodio has a 30-day 100% money back guarantee policy which catches the user’s attention quickly.
The Qustodio parental control app is the answer to your digital parenting. It is an all in one app and deserves a pat on the back. Install the best parental control app without thinking twice.