Last updated on March 27th, 2020 at 03:44 pm
Find out the leading Apps of the 21st century. Welcome to the beginning of the new decade with 2020 and how many of you know that there are already more than 2.8 million apps in the Google Playstore!
One of the most handy and useful technologies of modern times lies bare in your hands, waiting to be explored.
What is it?
Of course, the smartphones.
But sadly, the smartphones don’t come loaded with the best Android apps and you have to go to the Google Play Store to find out the ones that best suit you.
Many of these apps have the same functionalities but then, the hardest fact that you have to gulp down, is that you cannot download each and every app.
So, we would provide you with a robust guide on which apps would work best for you and we would also provide you with the answer to the most diffiult question “why should I use this app?” for every single app that we mention here.
We would bring, for you, apps related to the below mentioned fields.
Let’s find out more about which App suits you the best from the above categories.
We would try to find out what Business Apps can help you, as and when you require.
1. Rescue Time (A Beautiful app for Time Tracking)
Random Fact: Joe Rushka, the initiator and CEO died after fighting with a neuro-endocrine Cancer for quite a long time.
App Description: Rescue Time is considered to be one of the best time-management apps in the Industry. As told by PC Mag, “This app is one of the best apps for productivity that’s ever tested.” It is one of the most helpful apps for office goers, developers, HRs, as it can always provide you with a clear view on how much time you have spent on your Android device and exactly for what purpose.
Why should you have it?
- If you are worried where do you lose all the time? Let me tell you, there is no better app than this one for you. It can determine your online activities very easily.
- It can help you with your productivity goals.
- You can block certain websites according to your choice.
When you know all these things, what can you do then? Of course, opt for the app.
2. Proven (Best app for hiring in restaurant businesses)
Random Fact: Proven was started by three co-founders, Pablo Fuentes, Sean Falconer, and Joe Mellin in the year 2009. Since then, it has played the role of a pivot in the hiring industry.In August 2019, Proven was taken over by Upward.net.
App Description: It is one of the easiest apps in place for HR recruiters. It can help the HRs maintain their daily job listings efficiently. This app can help you manage your work easily by shelving the candidates in either “Yes,” “No” and “maybe” categories. The app can also help you follow-up with the most promising candidates. In that way, you can always refer back to your app for understanding the profiles of each candidate.
If you are searching for a job, you can always upload your profile and cover letter in Proven. Why? Well, it is a site that works alongside Craigslist. It brings to you the jobs that’s most suited for you through Craigslist.
3. Skype (Best for the purpose of team communication)
Random Fact: The name Skype was derived from Sky-peer-to-peer that was abbreviated to Skyper and then finally to Skype. It was initiated by Niklas Zenstorm of Sweden and Janus Frils from Denmark in the year 2003.
App Description: Skype often seems to be the most intuitive app and first choice for the purpose of team communication off late. It’s an app developed by Microsoft. Office 365 Business incorporates Skype at a pricing of $8.25 for every user if you subscribe for a yearly plan and for $10 if you take it on a monthly basis.
- Skype has officially partnered with Comcast.
- It can work on any of the platforms be it iOs, Windows, MacOS, Android and Blackberry.
- You can always pay through PayPal when subscribing to Skype.
- Skype meanwhile got acquired by Microsoft. Now why do we offer Skype to you?
4. PayPal (Best app that you can use for the various payments)
Random Fact: PayPal began as Confinity, a security software developing company. Confinity merged with X.com, an Elon Musk banking company. After a rapid succession of changes, PayPal’s formation was publicized in 2002 as a major money transfer company.
App Description: Well, no one is unaware of PayPal, I am sure. Let’s find out what makes PayPal so unique.The largest benefit that comes from PayPal is while you are sending your money to your friends and family, it is absolutely free.Well, are you
- 24/7 money transaction monitoring.
- They have a secure encryption mode
- Fraudulence can be easily prevented.
- Two-factor authentication and fingerprint technology works on PayPal.
So, let’s have a look at them which makes this app almost an irresistibly useful app.
5.Asana (Best app for Project Management)
Random Fact: Do you know Asana was started by Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskowvitz and Facebook engineer Justin Rosenstein who quit Facebook to start up Asana (the Sanskrit word for Yoga Pose).
App Description: So, you might be wondering what it does? Well, it helps you manage your projects like no other app. Asana can help you by increasing the collaboration within the team and also by helping manage the work and projects.
You might be super-busy to manage your work in-between those small minutes, when you wait to catch up with the meeting, or you wait for a cup of coffee. Jot down all the points, take quick notes, set reminders and put down ideas and thoughts saving them for later using this very user-friendly tool.
- Make a to-do list
- Make lists or boards and keep different boards or lists for separate projects that you have in mind.
- Due dates, follow ups and files for the tasks can be invariably managed using this very app.
- You can also review the task of your team and press comments with either clear cut instructions or questions and doubts.
- If you want to remember some requests then you can take them down here.
- It helps you with the following fields apart from work management.
- Team Management
Communications were supposed to make our life easy but then with the advent of technology, communicating has become easier than ever before. Let us have a look at the various apps that help the process of communication easier.
1. Whatsapp (Best non official communication platform)
Random Facts: Did you know that Whatsapp co-founded together by Brian Acton and Jan Koum gets its name from the phrase, ‘What’s up?” WhatsApp can be wiretapped by the governments through several platforms.
App Description: Let us find out important features of WhatsApp. You can talk, chat and converse with multiple people over WhatsApp all the time absolutely free. Make multiple groups on Whatsapp. Speak freely, there is complete security so do not fear while you are on WhatsApp. They have end-to-end encryption facilities, thus basically the company never comes to know about your conversations.
Well, wondering why WhatsApp has “1.5 billion active users in over 180 countries?”
2. TrueCaller (Best calling device in use)
Random Facts: TrueCaller is an app that is competent enough to identify anybody who’s calling you. True Caller was established by True Software Scandinavia Norway and it was successfully tested for the first time in BlackBerry devices.
App Description: True Caller is being trusted by 25 crore people all across the world. It’s features highlight it’s efficiency.
- It is automated to identify every SMS that is not known to you.
- Spam and Telemarketing SMSes can be completely barred on your phone.
- UPI payment facilities are available with True Caller.
- BHIM UPI is there for you to manage all your bank accounts
- ICICI Bank provides a backup with bank grade security.
- Always know who viewed your profile on True Caller.
3. Telegram (Best messaging Apps)
Random facts: Telegram! Do you remember the word? Yes, of course, telegram is inspired by the same word. With more than 100 million active users, Telegram is one of the fastest growing messaging apps in the world and was first launched by two brothers, Nikolai and Pavel Durov, yes! They are the same guys who launched Russian social network VK.
App Description: The App has some of the most awesome features in place. Let’s have a look.
- Telegram verifies your account by using SMS service for verification.
- They use a cloud based technology for messaging. You can edit messages within 48 hours of sending it out. And they can be deleted anytime from both ends.
- Bots can be integrated into the system of Telegram and third party developers can create them. Bots can be made to do a lot of work related to automated message settings.
- Channels were employed in September 2015, to act as admins. Admins can do one sided messaging and the number of subscribers to whom these messages can be sent out can be innumerable.
- Emojis and stickers are cloud based emoticons that you can simultaneously use with your messages.
- Drafts can be saved and you can switch devices while you are working on a draft message.
4. Google Duo (High Quality Video Calls)
Random facts: Did you know that prior to Google Duo, Hangout was offered as a Google pre-installed apps on the devices? But now Hangout has moved into the optional section.
App Description: Let us find out a few important features put up in Google Duo.
- Google uses 720p HD Video transmission services.
- It can work well even with truncated bandwidth cellular networks.
- For those contacts who are unavailable at that particular point you can always leave a message for them. The message can be upto a duration of 30 seconds.
- It can support a video call for eight people altogether.
- Participants can leave or join the calls anytime they want.
5. Facebook Messenger:
Random Facts: Facebook Messenger was originally launched in 2008 but was revamped in 2010 to be launched again in 2011. Almost 1.3 billion people all across the globe use Facebook today. Facebook generates $1.4 million in revenue every hour.
App Features: Let us find out the general features of Facebook Messenger system.
- The chat starts in no time
- Emojis come to your rescue when you have to show your reactions undefinable by words
- It helps improve expressions when you tag it with pictures and videos.
- Split bills, take poles when you are deciding where to meet
- Just jump into a call or a Video.
- You can sing it out, shout it out or say it out, whichever you may choose.
- You can use it to send money quickly.
- Tally meet up locations.
- Directly chat with your customers.
- Have a session of games with your friends whenever you want.
Are you ever searching for the Education Apps? I am sure you know about them. If you don’t, then let us tell you about a few good ones.
Random Facts: Eren Bali attempted to create a “live online classroom” when he was in Turkey. Three years later Bali tried accumulating funds for it but the group was rejected 30 times and finally they decided to bootstrap the whole process. Just in a span of a few months, almost a total 1000 instructors had created some 2000 courses and finally they went for another fundraising campaign that gave them almost 1 million US dollars that enabled them to move the program forward.
App Features: Udemy plans to give its users a virtual classroom where they can learn and develop anything on classroom scale basis. What Amazon’s Kindle did to the traditional publishing industry, Udemy plans to do the same bringing traditional teaching to a halt encouraging virtual classroom coaching services.
- It is loaded with almost 15 categories with 15 subcategories under each of the main categories.
- Anyone can take any course and there is never a need to have any prequalification for this purpose.
- The courses are capable of working on any of the interfaces.
- The cost of each course is very small. Almost $200 to $1000 are the general price ranges.
- Your money would come back to you in 30 days, if you are not satisfied.
- You can always do it at your pace- meaning you can do it whenever you are capable of doing it.
- The instructions are not theoretical but are oriented practically for the user to have the best of experiences.
- You also get a completion certificate at the end of a course.
2. Khan Academy:
Random Facts: Salman Khan taught his nephew mathematics once through the Yahoo doodle images and then converted his idea to a full fledged non profit organisation mostly funded by philanthropists and philanthropic organisations.
App Features: Learn at your own speed at absolutely no-cost. Seems like a dream?
Well Khan Academy is the right place for you. It helps you,
- Have a strong concept wise knowledge. You have almost ten thousand videos to surf from, with maths and science being easier than ever.
- There are almost 40000 questions available for you to practice. They provide you a step by step guide in the form of hints and provide you with instantaneous feedback.
- You can always do a certain homework on the app.
- You can keep learning even when you have gone offline.
3. MOOC Courses by edX:
Random Facts: MOOC courses? Are you new to it? These are Massive Open Online Courses that are run for free by the Universities and other educational organisations worldwide. Harvard and MIT came together to create a single platform called edX.
Do you know that even giants like Harvard and MIT offer MOOC courses.
App Features: We shall let us see more about the courses put forward by edX. Some of the salient features of edX are:
- Hugely scalable
- It is centred around learning and the learner
- Innovation is the key to such courses at times helping you to jump over
- Completely flexible and is made to suit your needs.
- It is open sourced which means innovations never stop in this platform, they keep happening.
- It uses videos, one-way or two-way interactions and various exercises to widen the knowledge of the students, and also allows the instructors to learn what changes would be required in this process.
- During the course, students can see a progress chart placed somewhere on the screen. This helps in determining the final scores and the competency level of the student enrolled in the course.
4. Amazon Kindle
Random Facts: In 2004, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos instructed his employees to build an e-reading platform before the competitors were able to build one. The e-reader eventually became the Amazon Kindle. The name Kindle was suggested by Michael Cronan and Karim Hibma meaning to “light a fire.”
Amazon Kindle is a very broad platform for a variety of reference books, self-help books, how-to books, text books and many more. Kindle devices support dictionaries and much more than you can imagine.
- You can maintain a storage upto 1400 books.
- You can make your letters big or small with the help of your App. Amazon Kindle has this facility wherein you can adjust the text size as much as you want.
- It will not heat up your computer as other apps do.
- You can annotate your text as much as you want.
- Bookmarks to this app are automatically built.
- Oxford English dictionary is an inbuilt device for this app.
- Screen rotation facility is available.
- Borrowed library books would be available to children in the Kindle section.
- Kids friendly learning apps are present as an option.
5. Google Classroom
Random facts: In 2017, it was decided by Google that any personal user of Google can join classes even if they do not have the G Suite for the Education Program. In 2018, it was decided that any of the Google Users can teach a class.
App features: Google Classroom’s most advantageous feature is that they can bring together Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Calendar.
- For the assignments, Google allows you to store them on the Google suite. Productivity is monitored by the use of the productivity suite. As a student you can always attach documents to your work using the Drive.
- Google Classroom helps also with the Gradings in a classroom. A teacher or a student can create an individual file or document for each of the students to ensure that the teacher and the student have their individual templates. Students would be capable of attaching the additional documents whenever they wish to do so.
- Communication can be done through gmails.You tube videos and Google drive files can be easily attached to the gmail for communication.
- Archiving the courses is possible. When you archive a course, it moves from the main page to the archival page.
- Google Classroom does not post any advertisements on the interface of the classroom.
Have you ever thought that Apps can help you with finances as well? Yes, of course they can. Let us see a few financial apps for a variety of purposes below.
- Clarity Money is one of the best budgeting App
Random Facts: Did you know that Clarity Money is run by Adam R Dell, brother of Michael Dell who founded Dell Inc.? Goldman Sachs acquired Clarity Money in 2018 and Adam Dell joined Goldman Sachs as their partner in the same year.
App Features: There are several features of the App that help you shape up your budget.
- First most convenient point is that this App is completely free to use.
- Discover various ways to save more money with Clarity Money. You can cancel unnecessary subscriptions and you can have a Marcus Online Savings Account that can help you save in every way.
- Organize your budgets, have your investments and debts in one place. Make a comprehensive list of everything.
- Your data is completely safe with multi level guards.
- It is capable of providing you a clarity of all your needs and also your budgets completely.
You Need a Budget (YNAB) is the best debt app for you.
Random Facts: This App works on the principle of envelope method. Jesse Mecham is the developer behind this app.
App Features: The key features of this App help you go through a lot.
- Easily sync your bank accounts together.
- You can always enter your transactions manually so it will match the transactions that are imported and the ones that you entered manually.
- On all your devices you can get access to your budget.
- This is more than an expense tracker and you can set your goals. You can also see when you can reach them.
- How much you have spent in a day would be completely visible for you, so that you can know and track your money efficiently.
Acorn seems to be the best App for easy savings
Random Facts: Acorn was begun by a father son duo in 2012 with Walter Wemple Cruttenden III and Jeffrey James Cruttenden making it into a full time App.
App Features: Well Acorn helps you spend your spare from a purchase in an investment in the right possible way.
- CNBC recommends that Acorn is the simplest and basic way to start investing your little spare amounts.
- They have videos and tutorials that are easier to understand and can help you understand how and where your spare changes are getting invested.
- The security features of Acorn are very solid and they cannot be crippled easily.
- They monitor continuously for fraudulence
- Acorn never saves your details on the devices you use for the app instead there is a 256 bit encryption available with this app.
4. Tycoon is the best digital notebook app for the freelancers
Random Facts: Supermodel Jess Perez founded Tycoon. She noticed that models often got paid years later or at least months after their project had ended. This observation led to the creation of the Tycoon since she felt at one point of time, it was impossible to keep a track of all the assignments a person took up during a span of time.
Download this best app for Android and iOS
App Features: This app helps all those who work for the Freelancing field like the ones in the fashion industry and in photography, modelling and stylists.
- Tycoon would help you know your real earning, the amount you would take home after all the deductions.
- It helps them keep a track of the jobs they have done in a particular period of time.
- At one point you know which payments are about to come to you and which ones are due by when.
- You might be doing a job in a different currency and that helps you keep a track of how much money you made from that particular project.
- You can always set a tax or commission rate for each of the jobs.
- You can maintain a colour code based on the earnings you have for each job.
- You can send reminder emails that are populated beforehand to the clients for already overdue payments.
- Receive notifications whenever you are paid and whenever you have overdue payments.
- There is a free plan and there is a premium plan for the same.
5) Zoho for small business work best
Random Facts: Zoho is an Indo-American software development company and the app was developed by Sridhar Vembu & Tony Thomas. It is headquartered in Chennai, India and Pleasanton, California.
App Features: Zoho Books is an extremely simple-easy-to-use tool. It can keep a count of your company’s financial situation. The notable key features are:
- You can alway estimate better if you have the correct expectations for everything.
- GST is an Indian mandate and this app helps you send GST invoices to the clients.
- You can always create invoices for all the different transactions.
- If you have to deliver, then you can create such challans also by the use of this App.
- Sales and retailer invoices can be used with the help of Zoho.
- It helps you with your credit amounts. Whenever there is a simple refund that is required or whenever you have to take a return you need to always apply for an invoice.
Well, amidst all the several health threats that run within humans, you might truly want to know if there are some Apps that can really help you live better, that can truly help you manage your life much better than the one you are currently in. Well, the good news is there are some Apps that can actually help you. Let us find a few such Apps.
Random Facts: This app is founded by a noted author, Andy Puddicombe with Richard Pierson. Andy Puddicombe is noted for his monkhood training and his return to normal life. He was fighting testicular cancer in 2013.
App Features: The Wellness App teaches you all about meditation and mindfulness. Let us see some of the most important features.
- The app has hundreds of different forms of meditation for you to choose from.
- There is a 10 day program as an introductory training module that tells you the know-hows of meditation.
- Animations are beautifully designed and are quite engaging.
- You can always experience your meditation sessions offline.
- Very modern and a very secular approach of meditation.
- It is completely family friendly and is child friendly.
- It is completely scientific and even children can enjoy it immensely.
- There are a total of 365 meditations whether available in a series or singly. A series would be 10-30 sessions in a certain topic of your choice.
Random Facts: Did you know that this app provides you with a drug list that circumscribes content from Wolters Kluwer Health, US FDA, A.D.A.M, Stedmans, AHFS, Harvard Health Publications, MayoClinic, North American Compendiums, HealthDay, Cerner Multum, Micromedex from Truven Health Analytics and this was compiled together two New Zealand pharmacists Karen Ann and Phillip James Thornton.
App Features: There are some very simple milestones that you can achieve with this drug app. Let us look at them.
- You can add your medicine list to the app and instantly know the various information related to that particular drug like adverse effects, contraindications and the chemical structure of each of these medicines.
- A-Z Listing of all the drugs
- Identification of the simple pills by entering the shape, colour or the imprint of the pill.
- Check out the drug interactions using this simple list.
- Q & A section: The questions and answer sections can be easily answered by people once you enter the question.
3) My Diet Coach- Weight Loss
Random Facts: Jean Evelyn Nidetch, a normal housewife is behind the innovation of this particular App. She was dissatisfied with all the other weight loss programs and thus devised a point scale system of weight measurement.
App Features: The app is suitable for both Androids and iOs platforms. Let us see the features.
- This is the number 1 weight loss program that is suggested by the doctors.
- There are almost 30000 foods to choose from in this particular App.
- There are several categories of eating- you can always choose from what you eat by finding out the delicious meals that are presented with each section.
- There is a 24/7 live community coaching guidelines and live coaching.
Random Facts: HealthTap supports 140,000 license based doctors who have a good stand in their work and the doctors can peer review each other’s work.
App Features: Well, the App is loaded with features that not only help patients all over but also helps their distraught relatives.
- There is a gamut of 2.6 million answers and almost 700, 000 topics are covered.
- You can always receive a confidential answer within 24- hours of your asking question.
- This app provides the first Artificial intelligence (AI) backed symptoms and sign checker with a detailed guidance of care.
- You can video chat with a doctor, do a voice chat or chat with a doctor online.
- You can get a treatment plan, referrals and notifications for free.
- You can store all your health data in one place, with the list of previous medicines you used for a particular condition.
- The social networking at it’s best- with a recorded 3 minute 3 answers and 3 doctors online.
First Aid: American Red Cross
Random Facts: American Red Cross is one of the oldest organizations and is established by Clara Burton, a pioneering American Nurse. The same organisation has developed this app that improves your lifestyle by teaching you basic first aid hacks.
Download this best app for Android.
App Features: Accidents take place everyday everywhere. This app teaches you more about first aid each day.
- They have simple step-by-step guidance and interaction.
- What does it cover under its belt- emergency, tornado, hurricane and earthquake, flood.
- Fully integrated 911 so you can always call on emergencies.
- Safety tips range from one thing to the other. From severe winters to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes.
- Interactive quizzes would allow you to earn badges at different levels.
Jessica Smith is a technical content journalist at App Reviews Bucket. Apart from being a capable engineer, her affinity for inscription draws her towards writing interesting content about contemporary technologies and progressions. She is an avid reader and a fare connoisseur. She relishes different cuisines and when it comes to baking, she takes the cake!