No matter how much memory your iPhone has, sooner or later you’ll want to know how to transfer your photos from iPhone to Mac to free up storage space. Apple’s smartphone makes it easy to send files to a PC or MAC and sync all those photos in seconds. Here is the procedure for sending multimedia content (photos, videos) from your iPhone to your Mac.
How to Transfer Photos From iPhone to Mac?
Why clutter up your phone with hundreds of photos and unnecessarily occupy the memory of your iPhone when you can store them on your computer? And then in case of damage or loss, it is still more prudent to have a copy of your photos on another device (CD, DVD, USB, or computer).
Photos taken with your iPhone are different from the content you purchased from the Apple Retail Store. Once photos are lost, they’re hard to find, and you need to free up more storage space to make the most of your iPhone. So you need to transfer and store them on your computer. But how do you quickly move photos from iPhone to Mac?
Now that backing up your data is essential, to move photos to your Mac, you can use iPhoto. So, in the following, we’ll explain the easiest and most convenient methods or ways to transfer your photos to your Mac.
Method 1: How to Copy iPhone photos to Mac using the Photos/iPhoto feature?
- Start by connecting the iPhone to the Mac via your USB cable. The iPhoto software will automatically launch and bring up the import window. If not, simply open the software and select your iPhone from the list of devices.
- Choose the photos you want to import and then click on “Import Selection” or directly click on “Import All” to copy all your images.
Note: After importing, iPhoto will offer to delete the photos from your iPhone. This will free up space on your device if you want to.
In case you would like to Transfer Photos to your Mac without iPhoto
If you don’t have iPhoto on your Mac. Use the Photo Transfer feature in your Mac’s Applications folder.
- Select the location where you’d like to upload your photos, then click “Upload All”.
- You can also use an OTG USB flash drive specifically designed for iPhone. It allows you to copy your photos from your iPhone and find them on your Mac once you’ve plugged them into its USB port.
- Finally, you can back up your photos via an online storage service (Cloud) such as iCloud, Google Drive, DropBox… Then you just need to connect to your online service on your Mac to access your photos.
Method 2: Transfer all iPhone photos to Mac with AnyTrans for iOS
AnyTrans for iOS is a professional tool to manage and transfer iOS data such as photos, contacts, videos, etc. – almost 25+ file types. It allows you to transfer all iPhone 11/XR/XS/X/8/7/6S photos to Mac directly. Before getting all your photos from iPhone to Mac, you can preview and choose useful photos, and you can also delete photos to save storage space. Moreover, as a management expert, it allows you to move photos to another iOS device such as backup.
- Download and install AnyTrans for iOS on your Mac now > Launch AnyTrans for iOS and connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Once the iPhone is connected, click on the Photos icon, choose the type of images
- Take Camera Roll for instance. After selecting the photos you want to import, click the To Mac icon.
Note: When importing albums, AnyTrans for iOS will create a folder for each album. With AnyTrans for iOS, you can add your favorite images to your Photo Library without syncing your iPhone via iTunes.
Method 3: Move iPhone photos to Mac with the Image Transfer feature
Use the Photo Transfer feature found in your Mac’s Applications folder to easily transfer photos taken with your iPhone to your Mac Photo Library.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac and launch Image Transfer.
- Once the device is connected, click on the device in the left column to view the photos it contains, click on the thumbnails by pressing the command key to select more than one you want, and click “Import”.
Note: Photo Transfer can only import photos taken with your iPhone, to import other images downloaded and stored in your iPhone, please see method 2.
Method 4: Transfer photos to Mac with Preview
“Preview” is a software installed with OS X. It allows you not only to import photos to the Mac but also to view and edit them. To perform the import operation, the steps are different:
- Launch Preview after connecting your device, then click on “File” from the menu bar above, choose “Import from (the name of your device)”. A preview window will open.
- Select the photos you want to import and click “Import”. To import everything, simply click on “Import All”.
Method 5: Get photos from iPhone to Mac with AirDrop
AirDrop is a service developed by Apple that can only be used with iOS devices to share data between iPhones/iPads/Macs without the risk of data loss. With 2 simple steps, it allows you to recover photos from your iPhone 8/X/XS/11 Pro to your Mac computer, simply take a look at how to do it.
- Connect to a stable Wi-Fi connection and enable AirDrop on your iPhone 8/X/XS/11 Pro and Mac.
- Choose the photos you want to transfer to your Mac, click AirDrop and select the name of AirDrop for your Mac. Then wait until the transfer is complete.
That’s all folks! These are a few steps to follow to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac. Now that you are acquainted with how to transfer your photos from an iPhone to a Mac, don’t forget to do it regularly. If you are a fan of photography and selfies it is essential to back up your data. No one is safe from theft or technical failure, Keep that in mind!