What is Instagram Shoppable Posts?
The Instagram Shoppable post is the most innovative feature that has been introduced recently to the list of Instagram features that is already long. This is the most beneficial feature for the marketers, provided it is created and used correctly. It can increase sales volumes by a considerable margin.
One of the most significant things to do to use Instagram Shoppable post in the best possible way is to tag your products with it. This will be the surefire process to sell more on Instagram once you have created and got approval to access this feature.
When you want to tag your product to your posts you are allowed to do so in both your existing as well as your new posts in your business profile. If you are using a single image, you will be allowed to tag up to 5 products and on the other hand, you will be able to tag up to 20 products if you use a carousel post.
There are a few eligibility requirements you’ll need to check off before you can begin with Instagram Shoppable Posts:
- You should be situated in one of the 46 nations that the feature is currently available.
That must be one of these nations: United States, Canada, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, or Australia”
- You need an Instagram Business account, which can easily be set up by following our guide here
- You must be on the latest version of the Instagram application on either iOS or Android.
- Your business must sell physical goods that conform to Instagram’s dealer agreement and commerce policies
- Your business profile must be connected with a Facebook catalog.
If you meet the above necessities, you can simply add the Instagram sales channel to your Shopify or BigCommerce store at no additional cost, and after that, once your store is approved, enable the element by selecting Shopping under Business Settings in the Instagram application.
Tip: When you start adding Shoppable Posts to your feed, let your audience know with an Instagram story! It’s an incredible method to get the message out and drive more traffic to your posts.
Useful tidbits from Instagram: “We’re enabling organizations to make and label a post with items straightforwardly from their iOS cell phone.
“When a business has a product list associated with their account, tagging an item is as simple as tagging an individual in a post”.
Steps to tag products
Just like all the other steps to create Instagram Shoppable posts, adding tags to it is also a very straightforward process.
- Start with uploading a photo of the product on Instagram just like you would do for any other posts.
- Make sure that you add the effects and use then filters to make the photo more appealing to the users.
- Once that is completed, all you have to do now is click on “Next.”
This will enable the product feature and once that is done you will be provided with an option that will allow you to tag your products on the screen. Just make sure that before you tag the photo you put a caption alongwith a few other relevant information to it.
- When that is done, input the names of the products that you wish to tag with your posts. You may choose these names as they appear in the search box.
- Once you are done through the edits and other necessities, click on “Done.” This will publish your post.
Easy as it may sound, it may be that you need some help regarding this matter. In such a case, it is better to consult with a professional or if you have a fair bit of technical knowledge you can look for tips and advice from sites like Blastup.com or any other.
Measure the results
If you want to have the best results after you tag your products into your shoppable posts you will need to measure the results and the impact that these posts may have created since its incorporation.
This will not be a very difficult job for you since all business accounts on Instagram will have easy access to several analytical tools in their shoppable posts. These tools will help you to know a lot of different things such as:
- How many of your users have viewed your product?
- How many of them have read the information?
- How many of them have completed the desired task such as a click-through on your product page?
This information and data will be crucial for you as these will help you to understand the specific types of products and product tags resonate with your given audience in the desired manner. This will eventually help you to find out whether or not there is any disconnect with your audience as well as in the journey of the buyers.
Evaluate the data performance
Data performance on Instagram is as important as it is in any of your other social marketing efforts. This should be measured and analyzed precisely to evaluate accurately the reasons that drive more Instagram followers, buyers and result in your marketing efforts. All these things taken together will ensure the highest return on your investment.
If you want to have the best results, you will have to be very strategic right from the outset. Once your business starts selling more on Instagram, it is vital that you:
- Stay creative with your copy
- Use better shopping tags and
- Post relevant and appealing images of products on a regular basis.
In fact, you should consider all other factors that are responsible for helping your site to drive more Instagram followers and result in an increased sale both in the short term and most importantly in the long run.
Focus on Instagram analytics
As said earlier, no business can do well if it does not have a large customer base. This can only be possible if you can grab the attention of the visitors to your website and get more viewers to your Instagram account. This you can do with better analysis of the users’ data and information.
Therefore, make it a point that you focus on your Instagram analytics with the help of different free and paid analytical tools that Instagram has an offer for you. You can also use a variety of different third-party tools that are also equally good and effective.
These tools will help you to know several useful things such as:
- The type of your audience and the specific ones that you want to target
- What they want from you
- What their behaviors and preferences are and
- What the areas are that you need to improve on.
All these data and efforts will drive in more followers to your Instagram account, more traffic to your site and in turn more sales and business revenue.
Over to you
No matter what you do, the success of your Instagram marketing efforts will ultimately depend on you. It is your effort, your creativity in posting and tagging products with your posts and your research and constant monitoring of your users that will ensure that you take you marketing along with your business to the next higher level.
Therefore, do not think that creating a shoppable post and posting the best photos are enough to hope the best results and followers will start pouring in. You will need to follow both the fundamental as well as the advanced techniques to set up your Instagram Shoppable Posts.