Trying to restore sound driver on your system can be a tiresome task when you have absolutely no idea about how to fix audio drivers on your Windows 10 computer.
Recently people have been complaining about Audio driver issues on Windows 10, which started showing up after users downloaded the latest version of this Operating system.
So, if you are experiencing sound issues in your computer you may see following error messages on your screen:
- MIDI output error detected
- CD audio device is in use by another application
- WAV sound playback error detected
- Your audio hardware is unable to play the file.
These errors indicate that you need to reinstall, fix or restore sound driver on Windows 10. Now, usually Windows is designed to automatically remove all drivers and applications that may be incompatible with it, and these issues occur when your drivers are outdated or there are some other hardware issues or possibly a malware infection.
Hardware issues can be resolved by checking your audio outlets and cables, while malware issues can be treated by scanning your system using an anti-malware system and repair toolkit.
If you have figured out the hardware and malware issues and are still facing problems with audio issues, then you really need to learn how to restore sound driver.
Ways to Restore Sound drivers on Windows 10
The simplest and easiest solution to fix sound drivers on Windows 10 is by using a sophisticated driver updater tool for Windows 10.
Method 1 – Restore Sound Driver Using a Driver Updater Tool – Most recommended solution!
A sorted way to fix sound driver on your computer would be to reinstall the audio driver, but this method offers you an in-depth guide on how to handle this situation in the simplest manner.
We recommend using Bit Driver Updater to resolve any kind of driver related issues within minutes and with the least amount of efforts required.
How to restore sound drivers on windows 10- Update outdated drivers
Using this smart driver updater you can ensure optimized performance of your computer functions. Not only updated drivers can enhance the performance of your computer, but can also increase security and stability.
Restore sound driver using Bit Driver Updater requires only 4 simple steps-
- Download and Install Bit Driver Updater on your system
2. Complete the system scan to detect outdated or missing drivers.
3. Backup your existing drivers
4. Update in a single click
If an audio driver is the culprit for the sound related malfunctions on your system, then this issue will be quickly resolved by using the above mentioned driver updater. Not only does it scan the system for corrupted or outdated drivers, it also creates a backup of the existing drivers before updating the drivers on your system. This can be an easy way to restore sound driver on your Windows PC.
Method 2 – Uninstall and Reinstall Audio driver using Device Manager on Windows 10
This may be a little complicated for naive users and people who are not much tech-friendly. Follow these steps to diagnose the problem, and understand how to reinstall and restore sound drivers on Windows 10, and optimize your system.
Step 1: Diagnosing the real problem
Now, if you are not really sure that audio driver is the reason for your problem, then perform the following steps:
- Right click Windows Key (symbol) and select Device Manager, or press Windows Key + R to open the run dialog and type devmgmt.msc and Enter OK.
- Click on Sound, Video and Game controllers.
- Look for Realtek High Definition Audio in the expanded list and if you see a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on it, then it indicates that you need to fix and restore sound driver.
Step 2: Steps to reinstall audio drivers on Windows 10
Follow the given set of instructions to reinstall sound drivers on Windows 10:
- Press Windows Key + R, and type devmgmt.msc and Enter/OK, or simply right click the Windows Key and select Device Manager.
- Click on Sound, Video and Game controllers
- Right click on Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and click Uninstall, and confirm by checking the box in front of Delete the driver software for this device, as shown in the image below.
- Restart your PC.
- Again, open Device Manager as already explained above.
- Click on Sound, Video and Game controllers, again
- Right click on Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and then click Scan for hardware changes.
- If your system fails to detect the missing driver, and cannot install the latest version of the driver then you need to navigate to the official realtek website in order to download the current version of the Audio Driver that corresponds to the Windows 10 type on your system.
Method 3. Restore Sound Driver By Updating The Sound Driver In Device Manager
This step can help you restore sound driver by updating it on your Windows 10 computer.
- Go to Device Manager
- Click on Sound, Video and Game controllers
- Look for the device that has SST as a part of the name, then right click and select Update Driver.
- When a new window opens, select Browse my computer for driver software and click Next.
- Select High Definition Audio and click Next. This will restore sound driver functions and it will work perfectly.
Learning how to reinstall audio driver on Windows 10 is not a difficult task to do, even if you are a novice user. There are ways you can handle and fix sound driver on Windows 10, and as explained above, the most recommended and user friendly method of doing so will only take you a few minutes and a couple of steps if you use an efficient driver updater tool like Bit Driver Updater to restore sound driver.
Diagnosing and fixing audio driver issues can be a little tiresome and confusing if you are not using any tool for it, but the steps mentioned above will definitely help you in finding the problem and to restore sound driver on your Windows PC.
At times, the problem comes up because an incorrect audio driver is included in the update. Even Microsoft has mentioned inclusion of incorrect audio drivers in the Windows update to be one of the reasons for sound troubles in your system. However, there are a simple set of steps that can help you fix audio driver issue caused by this problem-
- Go to Device Manager.
- Click on Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
- Search for the Realtek device that has a yellow triangle with “?” sign, and select it.
- In the view menu, click on Devices by connection.
- Verify the Parent device.
- Right click on controller device and click on properties.
- In the new window that opens up, click on the Driver tab and check the version of your driver.
- If the driver version in your system shows to be 184.108.40.20655, then you have an incorrect driver.
- Click on Uninstall Device and allow changes.
- Restart your device and see if your audio works.
Optimize Your System Now!
Efficient functionality of the drivers on your system can be easily ensured by using a driver updater tool that helps you optimize the performance of your device in a few simple steps.
If you are someone who struggles with following manual instructions while trying to fix audio driver issues, then this article will help you in many ways.
We have tested these solutions for “how to reinstall and restore sound driver” to ensure that they work efficiently in helping you restore sound driver on Windows 10. Do tell us in the comments section if this article was useful for you.