The current digital era has the propensity to change overnight. Apps that seemed no longer in vogue can unexpectedly cycle back replacing the ones that are doing well today. Nothing is permanent here! This also means vouching for the viability of the current trend is a foolish step to take especially in the mobile app development realm.
About mobile app development space
These numbers say it all! Still, I would like to share some appropriate stats to take into account stating why one should claim their share in this multi-dollar industry.
- First and foremost, they are expected to generate over $935 billion in revenue by 2023.
- Second, 1.96 million apps can be found on the Apple app store and 2.87 million apps can be found on the google play store.
- Third, there is severe growth in application downloads each year. For example – 204 billion apps were being downloaded in 2019.
- Fourth, at least 15 apps could be installed on your phone right now.
- Fifth, 21% of Millennials open an app 50+ times per day.
Industries massively booming after creating an app’s design
Benefits of having a mobile application
Creating an app has perks of its own. Considering the time we are living in, expanding the business and unlocking market reach in the least amount of time is what needs to be done. Let us figure out why the significance of mobile app development is evident for any business across the globe.
1. Fast Development – In the end, it’s all about what a user thinks about your business. Positive thought could bring an immense amount of profits whereas negative ones will result in unexpected losses. When you create a mobile app, the process is 1.5x times faster than creating a mobile website. Also, with the help of an app, users can store data locally on the device. In case of data loss, it can be retrieved within the blink of an eye. Whereas in mobile sites, data requires to be fetched from web servers which could take a few minutes depending on different network speeds.
2. Provide More Value – Do you know what is the most crucial aspect of any business? It’s the reciprocation! Apps are being created everywhere and one does require to put much effort into nailing down the best to encourage more of this wallet-opening engagement from your customers. Create something they can interact with, something that provides a value that isn’t available anywhere else.
With increased interactions, you will end up creating a smooth road for your business in the form of increased loyalty and recognition. So all you need is to come up with a mobile app that is quick in terms of development, interactive and easier to navigate in comparison to web apps.
3. Best tool for customer engagement – One of the prime factors in the field of marketing is effective communication whether it is business to consumer or within the business. Effective conversations can also enhance customer loyalty. We, humans, love especially when being heard and so do your customers. Your mobile app acts as the best tool to convey their concerns and complaints and resolve them with minimal lag time. For example, the online help desks and support systems.
The increased accessibility to products/services combined with reduced cost is the cherry on the cake in terms of customer engagement.
4. Instant Online and Offline access – Having the ability to make things work both online and offline is an ability in itself. Unlike web apps, mobile applications tend to offer access by a single tap, users can consume the content within a span of seconds. Moreover, they want they can access the data offline too, say, for example, banking, storefronts, retail, finance, games and news applications.
In the pool of mobile apps that require an active Internet connection to browse the data or make payments, having an app that has the ability to work offline is the best thing anyone could ask for. Also, these basic yet crucial factors are responsible for differentiating between a sale and a bounce.
5. High Engagement Levels – On and all it is a win-win situation! Building a custom mobile app leads to a high level of engagement with customers as it is the most effective and easiest way to reach out to them. Gone are the days when connecting with a potential audience was a costly venture where you needed to invest in every possible marketing technique such as news, advertisements, hoardings, carrying an expiry date. With mobile apps, the table seems to have entirely turned. Here your user will receive:
- 24/7 visibility
- Seamless Flexibility
- Different payment options
- Effective support services such as instant messaging
- Social media integration
- Enabling a wishlist to create a collection of their favourite products
- Connect to your business through reviews and comment
So all you require is a mobile application and nothing can stop you from succeeding, as simple as that! Of course not! Building a mobile app might sound simple due to which many app owners overlook this criterion.
With the untold pressure of delivering the best apps in the market, you may come up with the best application on the planet but what’s the point if it is not being downloaded by your target audience. In the end, you won’t make a dime out of your app. So what to do? How to make your idea could be the next big thing in the mobile app stores? Most mobile app developers recommend never fall into those mind traps and get caught up in cool, new technology while forgetting about your end-users.
An Additional Tip – Know your worth and Don’t Settle for anything less!
The following post emphasizes certain things to consider when building a mobile application to better engage with their customers and stay ahead of competitors. Without any further ado, let’s begin!
Things to consider when building an app
You are all set to build mobile applications for businesses to fully harness ‘First Movers Advantage’ to sell your products and services before your competitor does. Hire a reputable mobile apps development companies like Tatvasoft, Bluebelllabs, & Wizeline who can guide you throughout the process or go through these below-mention factors that can assist you in nailing it right for your target audience.
#1 Mobile App Strategy
As the name implies, a mobile app strategy acts as a roadmap for your successful journey where you are required to define your overall portfolio ranging from its category, selecting the software tools, protocols and policies, etc. Here comes the big question, how?
Step 1 – Create an app Portfolio. Right from categorizing the app to defining the size of the user base, implementing BYOD, enabling cross-device compatibility, interacting with an IoT device, enabling biometric identification to access documents, all these things must be taken into consideration. In a layman’s language, the app portfolio emphasizes the true nature of the app, what could It possibly be in the future and its target audience. After being done with this, you need to focus on development tools and standards.
Step 2 – App Development Tools. Of course, there is no denying the fact that a mobile app comprises many parts. Some of which might require using native tools while other functionalities might require a hybrid environment. So what needs to be figured out here before developing an app idea is?
- Do you need a developer or a team?
- Developing your application in-house or outsource
- Consider to build between native, hybrid and cross-platform development
Step 3 – Infrastructure and Services. Our next app development strategy to consider is having supportive infrastructure and services. For example, you must be having a tentative number of users in mind, this means you will be able to figure out the support infrastructure putting to use. Getting this right at the first attempt at creating a mobile app is extremely important. To be precise, what needs to be done is ascertaining the IaaS configuration to set a clear budget and avoid going overboard, figuring out the DevOps and Continuous Integration Environment, Standardization of platforms across DevOps, etc.
Step 4 – System monitoring and Governance. So now you are done with setting the standards of development and deployment. It’s time to monitor and define standards of operation. The question is how? By setting policies for mobile app development tools, creating some for system scale-up and migration, setting parameters and standardization for troubleshooting and focus on resource reusability and most important of all, ensuring that your mobile application strategy results in pure innovation, speed, deployment and optimizes cost to a great extent.
#2 Market Research
Another crucial factor worth considering for a successful app is researching deep about your current market. Right from knowing your competitors to what is their strategy, strengths and weaknesses, unique selling point, etc. Once you have figured out all these things nothing can stop you from developing apps like none other.
#3 Set a Budget and Timeline
Developing a mobile application is more like shopping online, you can never get enough! Each day a new tech is being introduced and it becomes easy for non-techies to get lured or carried away. Therefore, it becomes very crucial to set a relevant budget and timeline. Stick to the core functionalities for the app and focus on any supplementary features later on.
The timeline goes hand in hand with a budget. You should discuss your cutoff times with your developer while remembering that a more adaptable timetable could decrease advancement costs. On the off chance that you require a brisk turnaround, your mobile designer may have to charge more to get everything going in a more limited measure of time.
Before We Conclude, iOS or Android app?
Settling for either of these platforms can be entirely befuddling especially when you aren’t aware of the tech business. The first and foremost thought should be a holistic UI that you can deliver specifically to your application.
Not only developers but your choice will affect the users as well as the application itself in regards to scope and flexibility. The required coding that goes into the making of a mobile app will moreover decide the utility and adaptability of your app’s offerings.
Whether you build a mobile application or a web app, remember the app market is extremely competitive and day in day out it gets harder to succeed. However, if you invest your time to piece these building blocks together, you will fundamentally give lots of advantage to yourself in prior.
Putting some effort right from the beginning is incredibly worth it!