It would be an injustice to not talk about WavePad Audio Editor in the tech domain. It is one of the most useful, easy to use and powerful software, the market has ever seen.
It is a program designed for Windows, Android, iOS and Mac OS. It allows you to record sound and perform advanced editing operations on them as well.
This is a complete audio editing suite that comes with special effects such as noise cancellation, echo and sound amplification.
With a couple of clicks, you can easily open a sound file, record a new audio file and edit the same. That is just the beginning. If you explore the entire application, you would be surprised to see a plethora of amazing options and features that this app offers.
This app is for anyone and everyone who loves to edit audio files, record new files, but is designed keeping in mind the mentality of a sound engineer. Although there are many more audio recording software for windows, we will talk about Wavepad audio editor in this article.
Extremely easy to navigate interface, provides the users a feeling of owning the projects, no matter how big or small they are. In this article, we will dig out more about how it works and what features it has in store for us.
How does WavePad work?
It is a full-fledged audio editing tool that is used to perform several tasks depending on the requirement of the users.
Wavepad is a professional audio tool that can perform multiple tasks such as editing music, recording songs and much more.
Let us have a look at how exactly WavePad works:
Using WavePad is pretty simple and its operations makes it a wonderful choice for music lovers and audio sensations who love to record their voice or edit a particular file.
Following are the basics of using this powerful yet simple app:
#1. Create a New Audio File:
Open the app to find plenty of easy to navigate options. Ctrl+N will create a new file.
WavePad Audio Editor will guide you to selecting the sample rate when you create a new file.
If you do not know anything about sample rate, then you can disable this very prompt and move ahead.
#2. Open an Existing Audio File:
Ctrl + O will open the existing file. Browse to the location where you have saved your file and click on open or just press enter.
#3. Saving your project:
Ctrl + S will save your current project. Specify the location where you want to save the file and WavePad editor will do the needful.
These are some steps you can perform when carrying out small editing and recording tasks. Let us now see how one can record on this audio editor.
Press F5 to start recording a new file. The record will be set as your current file. If you have an audio file selected, then this new recording will replace that particular file.
Following are some points to perform this simple function:
- Go to Options
- Click on ‘Recording’ option
- Choose your device, adjust the volume, check if the device is in good condition.
- You can also enable voice activation mode where you can record your own voice.
How to remove voice from song using wavepad?
This is where WavePad sound editor works magic. To delete the vocals and have the background music, carry out the following steps:
- Open WavePad
- Open the particular file you want to remove the vocals of
- Go to the ‘effects’ tab
- Click on the ‘Voice’ button
- Click on ‘reduce vocals’
Doing this will take you to a dialog box. This will allow you to change the position, width, vocal level and bass.
How to record a song on WavePad?
Recording a song on WavePad is a cakewalk and one can do this in a few clicks. These are the steps involved in the process:
- Click “New File” .
- Click OK on the box that pops up.
- Now that you have an empty file, you are ready for recording
- Red record button will start recording.
- Check if the device mentioned in the listing is your microphone.
- Also check if the Master Volume is selected.
- Adjust the volume with the Volume Control bar, if necessary, do adjust the volume with the volume control option.
- Check if your microphone is activated and click on the red button.
- Say a few sentences.
- Click on the stop recording button.
- Doing this will take the file to the editing window.
- Save your file and name it.
How to edit a song on WavePad?
- Import or open the particular file using keyboard shortcut or Ctrl + O.
- Go to the location and open it
- Trim down your audio recordings.
- Select the audio track you want to trim.
- Go to ‘Edit’ option
- Choose the ‘auto trim’ option
- Split the recording by selecting the ‘split’ option
- Save your file.
WavePad Audio Editor works as an mp3 editor or as a wav file editor. It also supports various file formats such as wma, gsm, vox, ogg, flac, aif, real audio and many more.
So it was all about the WavePad audio editor review. Sound industry has a lot more to offer and this editor has proved its worth in sound engineering. People who love to edit audio files, sound files, record sound and edit the same, recommend this great application.
Jessica Smith is a technical content journalist at App Reviews Bucket. Apart from being a capable engineer, her affinity for inscription draws her towards writing interesting content about contemporary technologies and progressions. She is an avid reader and a fare connoisseur. She relishes different cuisines and when it comes to baking, she takes the cake!